From: Thomas Ward [mailto:thomasward1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 7:56 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Question about BG games produced by Ian Humphreys.

 It also probably does reduce the cost of hosting the games.
 I am not into this but it must cost devs here some cash for each mb
downloaded.
 Therefore if the games are small enough it makes sence not to bother with
downloads.
End quote

yes, that is true. Most web hosting companies charges a certain amount for
the amount of bandwidth you use. As a result if you have a lot of e-mail,
software downloads, unusually high number of people visiting your web site,
etc that all adds up and takes away from your bandwidth alotment.
For example, USA Games has a commercial web hosting plan that gives us quite
a bit of bandwidth. I believe it is a 4 GB bandwidth alotment per month.
Everytime someone visits the USA Games web site, downloads a file, or sends
me e-mail via one of my USA Games mailing addresses it takes a few points
off of my bandwith alotment. If I should go over
4 GB a month I would then end up owing extra money that month to pay for the
extra bandwidth used.
Ian doesn't strike me as the type who would want to pay for commercial grade
web hosting plans, and also wouldn't like getting a bill at the end of the
month if someone happened to exceed his bandwidth alotment.
So this would be a very good reason why he might not want to offer
downloads.
Smile.