I think he wants a personal touch on who has the games, ie he knows who has
them etc.
It also probably does reduce the cost of hosting the games.
I am not into this but it must cost devs here some cash for each mb downloaded.
Therefore if the games are small enough it makes sence not to bother with
downloads.
He seems to be doing this is a hobby and seems to have the time to send things.
My only regret is there is not a single link to get an installer to load all
his games at once.
However some of his games use 16 bit installers the others don't.