Just a point.

Using Hal, and sim mouse clicks i find the game interface incredibly easy to use, and the game extremely! fun.

There are none of the layout issues you describe at all, ---- I just get a list readable in virtual focus mode, much the same way Smugglers 3 worked.

i do not blame niels. various people, ----- myself included, said how easy to play smugglers 3 was, and the interface was to use. sinse actually both game interfaces are graphically very similar, and work in a similar layout fashion (with pop up windows etc), the seemingly only accessibility option in altering the smugglers 4 interface has been the labeling of graphics, and insertions of text boxes to replace the animation sequences.

i have no idea of the technical reason why jfw runs into so much trouble with the interface, and as I said i think it's a sad thing, and something which deffinately should be worked upon, but blaiming Niels for this is imho incredibly unfiar.

He was not setting out to create an accessible game, he did not write a game with access changes in mind, it just so happened that smugglers 3 was found to be playable.

He could have quite easily turned around and said "hard luck, smugglers 4 uses graphics" and left things at that.

instead he's been putting a lot of work in, ----- particularly in the combat sequences.

It would be great if all developers of mainstream games, ---- which afterall is what smugglers 4 is when you come down to it, would start from scratch on accessibility matters.

As it is, I'm very impressed by Niels' adaptation, and I really hope scripting and further improvements can be made to fix the jaws related issues, ---- but blaiming Niels for those issues is entirely unreasonable.