From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]
On Behalf Of Che
Sent: 22 December 2008 21:33
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] thoughts on smugglers 4

  I agree, to blame the developer of this game for it not working
smoothly
with jaws is a little nutty.
  I think with some more moderate scripting, the game could be made
playable
without too much difficulty by jaws, but I myself don't enjoy poking
around
trying to find something on the screen, I am big on easy and intuitive
interfaces, as anyone who has played my games can attest.
  I took a stab at writing some jaws scripts for smugglers, but even
with
the scripts, some information was seemingly impossible to read, but that
is
more likely a failure on my part, not the games.
  I have never used hal, so not sure what it is doing differently, but
if it
makes the game easy to play without extra coding, it is definately doing

more than jaws is so far.
  When I heard Neals was developing some features that would make his
game
accessible, I went ahead and bought it, not sure if I would like it or
not,
because it didn't matter if I liked it.  I wanted to support this
effort, so
maybe other mainstream game developers would see us blinks are willing
support their efforts to include us.
  I am a jaws scripting hobbyist at best at this point, so maybe with a
more
advanced scripter it would be possible to get the game working smoothly.
If
anyone knows a person out there that might be into giving it a shot,
tell
them to go for it.
  In the end, no matter the results, Neals has gone much farther in
trying
to make his game accessible than almost all the other mainstream game
developers out there, and for that he deserves our thanks.
  Later taters,
Che

subscription via the web, at
list, please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.