Hello,

Glad you like it!

I made the walk into wall sound a little bit like sand. It's suppose to
sound like you're brushing up against a wall. You should hear footsteps when
you walk. If you're not hearing footsteps or north-south wall sounds, it
might be a speaker configuration problem. Try setting your speakers to a 2
speaker setting (if they're set on surround sound) just to see if that
helps.

The dungeon has stairways to lower levels. The game will notify you when you
walk into a room with a stairway.

The mage class will definitely get better spells, but don't count them out
too easily. Shrink is great against those nasty wolves (or zombies, or
zombie wolves) and Grow will turn your pet into a machine. Lightning is a
little underpowered, but once there are more enemies in encounters, it might
start to come into its own.

That reminds me that there is a bug in the current beta with shrink and
grow. It doubles up after a battle. So if you grow your wolf and the battle
ends, it will actually shrink him permanently. If he gets shrunk, he'll grow
permanently at the end of a battle. This has been fixed in the upcoming
version.

I have a thief job planned for the next version too.
Jason