Hi.
This may help someone so I post it here.
this is to fix the issue with the realtech hd cards that come in most new
laptops and desktops.
Although I can't fix every game with this card I can fix the gma ones, this
applies to gtc lw and sod.
edit the sounds.ini in the dorectory the game is loaded in.
set sound buffers to 20, and then software buffers to 1.
Advantages.
faster and more responsive, at least on duel core systems with 2gb ram.
Disadvantages.
you don't get the cool hd audio effects.
However you get rid of the crackles, weird interpritations, etc.
the only way to really fix this is to update the drivers of the hd card however
at least on my laptop this caused accessive crackling and lockups to the point
where sound did not work right.
If you have a desktop I strongly recomend you ditch the hd card, and get
something that actually works, better yet something that is not hd audio or
realtech.