The Realtek HD sound chip that I have in my desktop system has a driver tht ends in..
.5523
the sound from this chip was awesome!
but then I tryed to get into audio chat rooms for the blind..and quicly found out the driver was flawed. when I went to volume control..it was impossible to select my microphone as my input recording device..
totally impossible.
the entire recording setup scfreen appeared to be greyed out..nothing could be selected as the input device for recording.
I googled this and found out thousands of folks had the same problem.
I had to disable the onboard chip and put in a yamaha sound card to fix the problem. if you could steer me to the driver you say you use and it works fine, then I might like to go back to the onboard sound chip.
it would be nice to get my PCI slot back for some other use.
thanks for any help you can offer.
r_montow...@yahoo.com
Robert