Hey Shaun and whoever else reads this,
I also have a Toshiba pc, laptop in fact, and I'm having some realtek issues. no matter what I try, I don't have any line-in options, and I can't unmute the microphone for recordings. it's driving me insane. I've searched on countless forums and the solution either doesn't work, or they're referring to a different card. Any ideas on a solution? is anyone having this extremely frustrating issue? If this is getting OT, please respond off list. thanks! ----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <shau...@xtra.co.nz>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] work around for realtech hd cards

hmmm.
my toshiba does not have this, there is either 384 or 404.
I'll look for drivers.
At 10:53 p.m. 4/02/2009, you wrote:
Hey Shaun,

Well in case it helps you or anyone else, here's the details of the
driver I'm running for the realtek hd with no issues.  Whether this
will be the same on any other system, who knows lol.

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Driver Date: 14/11/2007
Driver Version: 5.10.0.5512
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publ

hmm either you are lucky or for whatever reason you have a newer model.
There are 2 types of hd cards.
the origional cards realtech hd then the real tech alc hd.
These seem newer than the older style of realtech hd.
its possible that these cards have been fixed.
even with the older drivers I have for this card there is still a bit of
crackling.
I suppose if I really install the oldest drivers for the card the crackling
may go away fully. but who knows.