Sure you can crouch and shoot in real life, but personally I think it makes the game too easy. Nothing can touch you, and if you're out of range you don't even have to rise, you can just keep holding the down arrow and make little hops forward via jump till you're in range. I just went through expert not losing any health, accept for the tiny bit I rose from a crouch just to see how far a skeleton could attack from since I wasn't hitting with my pistol. Or it didn't sound like it anyway. Think I was though. Also, you can rapid fire jump through levels as well, so unless enemies stop you from moving altegother, its possible you could just jump everything and complete the level without touching a single enemy. Traps might be a bit tricky, but just throwing it out there.

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:41 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mota Question

Hi,
Yeah, a person can crouch and shoot in real life so this game emulates that. Although, in real life the enemy could correct his/her aim to kill you anyway so I guess this is poetic license. Grin.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
Just out of curiosity, are you supposed to be able to crouch and shoot at the same time? I can and it makes the difficulties a bit easier, rather than having to crouch attacks, then rise and shoot. Would make the cyclopse battle more interesting if you had to figure out the rhythm of his attacks instead of just ducking and blowing his legs out from under him.