Hi Phil,
Actually, there will be a shift+control+arrow combo to crawl coming up for some of the more difficult levels of the game. As for speaking messages Iris, or her agency, charges a boat load of change to do voice work so I'm not going to pay to say everything I'd like her to say.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi Thomas,
I like the idea of half damage when crouching.
But this position should also make you more vulnerable to something on the ground like scorpions or rats, or snakes or army ants. If Angela runs out of torches crouching could also give her a way to feel the ground and say, "There's seems to be something here."
You could also use shift control arrow to have her crawl under low areas.
Or when she meets the final boss creature she could crawl to it and the boss would not kill her if she does what it says.
smiles,
Phil