Richard,

Oops! You are so right.
You and Sander have been doing audio games a lot longer than I have.

It's probably because I associate you both with academia rather than
industry.

And, being as myopic as anyone, I think only of industry when I think
developer. My bad.

Your comment on "the medium being the message" is enlightening.
At our recent Boston Visually Impaired and Blind Users Group meeting, some
device was demonstrated that, among other things, spoke stories. It had no
screen. I didn't feel any lack of visuals in that context. So maybe if an
audio game were played on such a device, then a sighted person could play
along with a blind person and not feel such a lack.

Dark,

Count me among those who know very little about VI specific issues. Velu
and you have provided some good information, but I just haven't had the
time yet to even begin there.

You said you've "stumbled upon the few handy resources available in this
area" Speak, pal. If you know of any resources I haven't mentioned
somewhere in our discourses, please let me know.

BTW. One disadvantage the motion-impaired community has is that it seems
very fragmented among the various specific disabilities: MS, MD, CP,
spinal injuries, etc. As opposed to the blind community, which seems much
more concentrated.

With respect to the influence of the IGDA or individuals on larger
companies. Mark Barlet, who's a member and runs AbleGamers, seems to have
had some positive affect on one or more of the larger developers in their
deafness and motion-impaired access.

I do believe that persistence can pay off.

John