Hi. Tom.

Intreaguing indeed. I certainly take the point about adding captioning for sounds in games being comparatively symple, but I believe the problem here is that this isn't often done, and as games get more inclined to use full animated cutscenes or spoken dialogue people with hereing imparements are having more problems.

Perception of disability and what harm it precisely does is actually part of my phd thesis, sinse i'm attempting to formulate a new deffinition and approach for looking at disability which can be then used in solving certain problems.

One odd thing though, is that blindness is rarely referenced in the academic literature on disability itself. There's a lot said about deafness, and quite a bit about paraplegia, but comparatively litle on blindness, and I do admit this contributes to my belief about game access issues for those disabilities being more obviously addressed by devs.

Also, there is the question of what games are looked at. I'd guess interactive fiction games for example would be near impossible for someone who couldn't quickly use the keyboard, and while they could play many online games, ---- and indeed some like the flash ones which are not Vi accessible, they'd have issues every time they were required to fill in a text field.

while I know there are solutions to this sort of problem, how efficient they might be, and how much effort they take to work could be another matter.

Beware the Grue!