Hi Charles,
Yep. That is the corperate world for you. They consistantly think with there brains in there rears, and half the time even if a polacy would make sense they never explain why this or that should be done. Most of the time they stick with a bad polacy rather than have no polacy at all. Anytime you want't to talk to the people who matter you can't because there is so much red tape, polacies, etc that virtually insures the people who need to be informed don't get informed. Even if they are informed it doesn't mean they will be quik to act, or responsive in any way that would be helpful.

Charles Rivard wrote:
This is the corporate world. To me, the phrase, "corporate logic" is a total oxymoron. You cannot even get to a middle man because of the corporation's ridiculous policies, and nobody can explain the reasons those policies exist. You cannot ask those who might actually know the reasoning because the policies that are being followed prevent that. The people you can actually talk to can only say, "I don't know. I only work here.", or, even worse, as was in the case at the major credit card company I worked for for 8 years, I was not allowed, by corporate policy, to ever say that I didn't know. I was supposed to say stuff like, "That's a good question. I'll look into it, and have someone call you back on it.", knowing full well that I was not going to have someone else call them back. The company lost a lot of business because customers were not called back on a very regular basis, and they did not understand why, even though the phone reps told the managers exactly why.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.