well with the glulkx format I use git which comes with lacuna.
However there is probably a memmory leak either with the game file or the git
system as I get frequent lockups while playing, I have not as yet found any
other glulks stuff I enjoy.
My main game doodle right now is the game books at ffproject.com
At 12:18 a.m. 6/03/2009, you wrote:
>Windows users don't really have a satisfactory solution for playing those
>games at all. Some people play and use the Jaws cursor to review everything
>but I've never been happy doing that. It used to be so easy. However, with the
>modern crop of games written with Inform7, Winfrotztts is the only thing I've
>found which comes close. Using that system, however, you can't properly access
>a game's built in help and hints without having to memorise menus. Also,
>there's no way to review text written previously to the screen. The current
>version of Windowsfrotz doesn't work at all with Jaws or NVDA and the author
>has no time to work on it for us. I asked a while ago. He says that it has
>something to do with how text is printed to the screen so that sighted people
>can have various fonts. The old version of winfrotz53 won't work well with
>Malinche titles or other more modern games. Add to that the new Zblorb format
>and Glulx and we're in quite a mess. If somebody came out with an interprete
r which either used Sappi speech and let you properly access these games, it
would certainly be appreciated. Particularly if it could handle most formats of
interactive fiction. Essentially, it would need to provide screen-reader like
access to the games so that new text is read out and old text can be properly
reviewed. With NVDA, I've managed to play some interactive fiction using
Dosfrotz in fairly satisfactory fashion but that won't work with zblorb and
Malinche games.