Also remember that MOTA will no doubt get harder. Level 1 is only meant as a "taster" level.

On 19 Mar 2009, at 21:46, Charles Rivard wrote:

What bugs me is when questions asking for puzzle solutions come out on lists not even 1 day after a game is made public. People don't even read the documentation to find out what keys do what. They want someone to tell them. People don't even try to figure out how to get past a point that temporarily stumps them. They want the solution given to them if they can't figure it out after about a minute or so. Part of the fun of games is to figure them out, isn't it? Sometimes, we all do something like that, though. I came across an issue with the second beta of MOTA and asked for help. Naturally, almost as soon as I sent the query, I stumbled on my stupid mistake. I was trying to jump over the opening as soon as I heard the crumbling of the ledge, which was one step not close enough. I figured it out, and felt stupid for having sent the query on such a simple error on my part. Hopefully, I don't do that too often? Anyway, my point is that people, for some reason, don't want to take the time or make the effort to truly enjoy the games, and it is a real shame. I will sometimes point gamers to where to find the answer by letting them know that their answer is in the documentation, and I would encourage others to do the same. Maybe it'll actually make people realize how important the documentation is? That stuff is written for a reason, and a lot of time is sometimes spent on creating and perfecting it. It's there for a purpose, folks. Use it. Also, think about this if you think a game is too hard: It was designed to give replay value by making it difficult enough so that you don't succeed the first time. If you could play it with no problems, and with no challenge to it whatsoever, where's the value? Keep working at it. That's the fun of it. A very good example for me is this: I've had Shades Of Doom on my computer for a very long time, now, and I have never completed the game. Part of it is due to the fact that I don't play it often enough because, well, I don't know, but there's just something about the game that I really have to be in the mood for, and I usually choose another game to play because it takes less time to play, is not as complex, or I'm not in the mood to work my way through a maze at the time. I really like the demo of MOTA! It's fun, it doesn't take long to play, it's not all that complicated. I do like side scrollers, and there aren't many of them available. I also enjoy Super Liam.
- - -
A taxpayer voting for a Democrat is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com >
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Blind Adrenaline's online fighting game

Hi Anthony,
It is not about being a newby or having troubles with a game. The real issue is that there are a lot of gamers out there too lazy to read the documentation provided with the game or too lazy to try and figure out something on their own. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten questions on and off list dealing with very basic simple things like how can I run using a joystick, what does the g key do, or whatever. Often if the user would open the manual shipped with the game the answer will be right there. Why ask someone else the answer when it is faster and probably even easier to look it up yourself? Then, there is the other group that complains about a game being too hard. Even taking in account that not everyone is a power gamer the purpose of adding challenges, difficulty, and making it hard to play adds replay value. Some people are too easily frustrated by any sort of challenge and easily give up. That's their loss in my opinion. For instance, I can remember talking to a fellow gamer about Shades of Doom. This particular gamer decided not to play Shades of Doom even on the easy level with training mode because he says it is too hard. He played the demo a couple of times through, couldn't figure out the maze, and gave up just like that. What this particular individual missed is that Shades of Doom is fairly challenging. No one learns the levels in one, two, or even three times through. It took me a couple of months to beat the game, and longer to know the mazes well enough to say I am an expert at it. The difference between him and I is that I chose to work at it until I figured it out, and he chose to quit after playing the demo a couple of times. That kind of give up and quit attitude I don't understand.

Anthony Vitale wrote:

REALLY!!EVER BEEN A NEW-BE YOURSELF AND NEEDED HELP!