good idea.
um but how many do we have?
the major devs are
or rather companies are gma, pcs, usa, dracoent, lworks, bpc.
there are minor devs, kitchensinc, and maybe those at audiogames.net.
ma-dy, and maybe jayson at entombed, jeanluc on soundrts, maybe a couple
others, the guy that did night of parasite although who knows.
everyone else is just hmm not on the list of relyable devs.
to appear, maybe che, lighttech interactive.
maybe a couple others I have missed.
a huge load of opensource devs are out there.
James north is another, he did get burned out though, however he may be good
for this.
over that though we probably don't have much.
I doubt we would get more than 6 or so that are around or that we know are
always around.
it would not be enough just devs.
At 02:31 p.m. 17/08/2009, you wrote:
>I'm just thinking about this as I type, so here goes, for what it's worth:
>
>What we need, if it would make a difference to the major game manufacturers,
>is credence.  Letters to these companies from current and or past developers
>of games specifically for the blind who can show, by backing up their claims
>with records if necessary if they are willing to include them in the letters,
>letting these companies know what is necessary to make games accessible to the
>blind gamer.  We also need people to verify the size of the potential
>additional customer base expansion, and maybe these game companies will
>consider working on game modifications.  These companies also need to know how
>important and how much fun and enjoyment some of the currently blind gamers
>got from their products when they could still see enough to play the games.
>And, thoughts from blind gamers who have never played these games due to a
>lack of eyesight, but who would like to, voiced in a clear and adult manner,
>with good grammar, punctuation, and spelling, showing the game manufacturers
>tha
t we are not uneducated and that we know what we're talking about, wouldn't
hurt, either.