Hi Che,
Thank you very much for clearing the air here. I agree with you that we should be glad that we have the developers we have and trying to compare one game developer to another like this is to say the least a bit rude and insulting. Just because a person doesn't like a certain developers games doesn't make a developer a bad developer or small potatoes. I'm with you that Jim Kitchen has been in the business a long time, and has more games than any other developer out here. When you look at all of his text to speech games, early Windows games, plus his dos games he has written more, done more, for this comunity than anyone. To put him at the bottom of the list of accessible game developers is a bit insulting i would think. As far as putting me near the top of the list I appreciate the support, but I don't consider myself any better or any worse than anyone else. True I have had formal programming training, I know what I am doing, but that doesn't make me better than anyone else. I've had plenty of issues dealing with time, money, copyright entanglements, and so on that has effectively prevented my lift off. So as a result I have had something of a really really slow start despite my education and training. Anyway, I'm glad someone spoke their mind. I was going to say something about this myself, but you beat me to it.
Smile.