Hi,

Bryan said:
hat needs to happen is some blind electronics and computer nerd needs to design a gaming console specifically for us, a console so innovative that it captures the attention of the media. It might prove our point to mainstream devs and it might not.

My responce:
Yes, and this is something I have put serious thought into for quite a while. I am pretty handy with computer electronics as well as with software development. However, the usual problems of time and money prevent me from actually following through with such an idea. Even assuming I actually constructed a working game console, wrote the operating system for it, created a game development API the cost of the thing would be out of the price range of most gamers here. Then, we have the problem, as has been discussed before, that not all of the accessible game developers are on the same page in terms of software development. Ideally the game console would have all of the games written in C++. Unfortunately, most of the accessible game developers here don't know C++ and depend on Windows only languages like Visual Basic. Clearly I would have to educate several accessible developers in C++, my API, etc just to get them to port their games to the console. As a result it is not at all a practical solution.