Hi Shaun,
Honestly mashing the buttons or keys really doesn't make it easier to play the game. In fact, based on personal experience it generally makes the problem worse as you aren't even trying to come up with a workable strategy. You are just wildly trying to get through as fast and furiously as you can. Sometimes a little foresight and planning can overcome certain difficulties. In Troopenum, for example, everything below level 10is pretty easy. So use that time to build up super lasers, ground nukes, bonus lives, etc. By level 12 or so you will want to begin bringing out the heavy weaponry. The longer you can wait before deploying the heavy weaponry the better chance you have of kicking Lord Vector's rear. Even though the game is a straight arcade shooter it isn't holy without some strategy involved.

Smile.

shaun everiss wrote:
Hmmm thats a point.
I think we are but it may take a second or so to hear stuff rather than see it.
I suppose if we all used gamepads or something we could mash the keys and try.
Actually I have had friends that do hard games bash the keys of their
controlers to buggery, and get rather angered when disturbed as they die.