Hi, yes she was a goddess of war. Athena was very active in the Trojan wars, and of course was the mastermind behind the Trojan horse. Which you got to admit was a pretty slick move on her part.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
She was also a goddess of war was she not? I know Ares was the principle war god but I remember that Athena, as a strategist, was said to also be considered a goddess of war. I remember she almost had to face Poseidon in combat once according to several of the myths I've read. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.