Yes in deed. Athena was the goddess of wisdom, and as a result she was suppose to be an excellent strategist in combat. Unfortunately a side-scroller doesn't give anyone much room for realistic combat, but I can make her hard to defeat all the same. Since you can't kill her the object will simply be to best her if you can, and she'll give you the orb.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
I'm looking forward to fighting Athena, since by all accounts she was a skilled fighter when she chose to do so. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.