Hi,
No operating system is full proof. Mac OS and Linux both have frequent security updates, and security is often what you make it. Even Windows can be fairly secure provided the end user running it is remotely security concious and compitent. If not he or she is likely at faultfor opening the system to attacks. Not saying this is always the case, but I've personally seen it enough to know it is true. I've seen it all from not keeping their antivirus up to date, running always as admin, using very weak passwords, a poor firewall, and the list goes on. It probably isn't very nice to say so, but there are some very stupid people out there when it comes to basic computer security.

HTH

Constantine wrote:
Couldn't agree more.
Also come now, macs are catching up in terms of security threats, so you can't say your mac is foolproof any more. And finally, have you seen windows seven? A lot of people like it a lot more than vista and mac both.