I found d-speech better than TA. TExt aloud is more for... hmm, reading. if you want to rapidly make sounds I prefer d-speech, but if thomas bought the TA only version of heather then he's stuck with it. btw if you ask me the UK voice Rachel, also from acapela has more intonation than heather and 'd go with her, but that's just me. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8...@lavabit.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Heather Voice in Mota Beta 8

Hi, you might try DSpeech from dimio.altervista.org as apose to text aloud, maybe it'll serve you better. it's free. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:58 AM

Hi Shaun,
In this case it isn't a soundcard issue. I've noticed that the Heather voice has a tendancy to pop and click sometimes when saving certain words an frazes with Text Aloud. I've tried to cut down on the pops and clicks as best I can, but a few still got through. If there was a better option as far as a voice goes I would use it. During one of the private betas I used Scansoft Karen, but I got complaints that people couldn't understand the speech do to the Australian accent. Since I don't really have a really high quality American English voice besides Heather I'm sort of stuck with it.

shaun everiss wrote:
could be a sound card or driver issue I have had cards that click.
its the reason I have not updated my realtech hd because later drivers click loads more although I suspect the card clicks.
I had a ac97 that clicked loads till I upgraded the drivers.

Virus Database (VPS): 091022-0, 10/22/2009
Tested on: 10/22/2009 9:10:05 PM

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4333 (20090813) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4333 (20090813) __________