Exactly. I use Mobile Speak Smartphone with Loquendo Susan on my cell phone and I can definitely see where you're coming from.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Heather Voice in Mota Beta 8

Hi Bryan,
True. However, I think the Loquendo voices are majorly over rated. They are ok voices, do have some improvements as far as being able to convey emotions, etc but their demos are just that demos. I've actually had a chanse to try some of the Loquendo voices, and I didn't think they were that hot. Better than many Sapi voices, true, but not worth the insane pricing you have to pay for them. Licensing them for games is even worse.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
At least you did get a human for the Angela voice. I don't think any Sapi voice exists, exccept possibly the hugely expensive Loquendo voices, that can convincingly produce a scream as the character falls off a cliff, into a lava pit or whatnot, or a cry of pain as she takes a hit from an Amazon's arrow or skeleton's sword. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.