From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 5:50 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Visually impaired gamer sues Sony Online.

Hi Chrissy,
Weather it works or not I think the main point of this lawsuit should be
to make Sony and some of these major companies aware that accessible
mainstream video games are possible, and that we would like them to take
us seriously as a group interested in purchasing their video games. It
is important to remember these companies, Sony in this case, repeatedly
ignores requests for accessibility features, and won't even give a
person a reasonable response when asked about accessibility. Here is a
case in point.
Back when the Play Station III was coming out I wrote them asking about
possible accessibility features. I gave various suggestions in which
they could improve the platform, improve accessibility, etc. However,
the only response I got back was something to the effect "thank you for
your suggestions, but Sony can not endorse or accept new ideas for game
titles, or improvements for existing game titles."
I can't remember the reply word for word, but it was pretty clear they
hadn't even read my e-mail.Even if they had it looked like something
drafted by a team of lawyers to serve as a one size fits all type of
canned answer they send everybody. Indeed I sent a few more e-mails and
got basically the same message multiple times sent out by a different
customer service rep. So what are we suppose to do to get these peoples
attention?
The bottom line is Sony, and probably various other companies, have
customer service reps --- low level peons --- to basically tell the
average Joe Smith to take a hike. So It is very doubtful anyone with any
real authority saw my message, and I am assuming this person who is
suing Sony got the exact same treatment. The first thing the Sony movers
and shakers probably knew of this is when they got hit with the lawsuit,
and that is because they hired peons to stone wall anyone who has a
serious suggestion or complaint about their products.