Hi Folks,
Here is the announcement of a new game for the iPhone.
As the new iPhone is more accessible I wonder if this game is too.

Harry Potter Spells is a game app that transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a magic wand. Once you have received your wand at Ollivanders you are Sorted into one of the four houses at Hogwarts. From there you will be taught how to cast spells. Once you feel that you are ready to duel, challenge others to earn points for your specific house. You start by learning how to cast all of your spells. Each spell is represented by a specific gesture with your iPhone or iPod touch. There are fourteen spells in the game, which is quite a lot to remember. One of the main features of the app is the ability to duel other people. You can play it single player as well against Artificial opponents.

The game will be available November 16th, 2009!
It will be available for purchase on the iTunes App Store.
Harry Potter: Spells will work on any iPhone or iPod touch with operating system version 3.1 and above. The game was in concept and development for over a year. We wanted to give the player the ability to cast all of your favorite spells from the Harry Potter books and films.

How can I learn to cast a spell?
Simply select "Learn" from the main menu, and you will be guided through the list of spell lessons for learning the exact hand gestures you will need to cast a spell. If you are having trouble you can visit the tutorial section which will give you tips on how to hold the device. Players have the best success if they perform the motion slowly and accurately. Placing your thumb on the screen is important as it tells the device when to start recording your hand motion. Once that hand-motion has been performed, finish the spell by taking your thumb off the screen.

How do I challenge my friends to a duel?
Both players need to be in the same room and both must have purchased the game. You can only play Multi-Player via Bluetooth or on the same Wi-Fi hotspot. It is not possible to duel through the internet. We recommend players stand within 15 feet of each other.
1. Both players must select "Duel" from the main menu
2. Both players must then select "Multi-Player"
3. Both players must choose the same option - "Nearby"(Bluetooth) or "Online"(WiFi)
4. Follow onscreen instructions.

What are the hand gestures for each of the Spells?
Visit the "Practice" section from the main menu and you will see a Spell Chart in the background. Note: You can also turn this Spell Chart on while dueling by selecting Spell Chart from the pause menu.

You can record your voice! Select "Learn" from the main menu. Once you have selected a spell, press the "Record Voice" and follow the onscreen instructions. You can replace all the pre-recorded spell casting voices in the game with your own voice.

Harry Potter: Spells was developed by Mikoishi. It was produced by Nathan Feldman at Warner Bros.
All press inquiries regarding this game should be sent to:
Peter Binazeski
Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
(818) 977-5701
peter.binaze...@warnerbros.com