While this makes sense Tom, I would however be interested to know what Draconis' or 7-128's overheads are, sinse both, ---- rather than being one man bands, are full companies with a larger staff.

does the larger staff, ---- with it's inclusion of actors sound designers and musicians as well as programmers increase the net prophets by decreasing the general cost?

Also, of course 7-128 do make other games besides their accessible ones, ---- does this increase their overhead?

I'd also be interested to know about subscription or donation projects which have appeal for sighted players as well.

On the symple end of the scale there si all in play.

then however, there are games like Sryth, ---- which at one time had about 2000 subscribing players (it's probably got more now, that's 38000 dollars a year, ---- and that's at a conservative estimate of the player base.

I have friends in supposedly good, full time employment graduate standard jobs who earn less than that.

This is also why I have no sympathy with the Sryth Webmasters' more recent money grabbing activities concerning the sale of adventurer tocans, ---- but there you go.

would this be a way for a developer to maintain an income while creating accessible games?

Of course, it has the aded problem of the developer needing to continually create at least some new content to make the players' subscriptions worth it, ----- but given the comparative ease of html programming and the fact that if the game already exists, adding extra content should be relatively symple, ---- would this leave time for other projects and yet create sufficient income?

I'm not certain myself, ---- I just thought it was an interesting possibility to discuss while considdering games developement and finances.

Btw, creating a single player text rpg is something I myself would considder doing in the future once my phd is finished and if I am not taken up with either academic or fiction writing, ---- sinse at that point I could probably devote sufficient time and dedication to learning necessary html programming, ----- and after Tom's comments about html being the best medium for a text rpg game, it's something I'd give serious consideration to, ---- I already have several ideas.

Beware the grue!