Hi Dark,
That's actually the reason I don't offer cheat codes in my games. I want people to appreciate my games as they are intended to be played. I generally take my game play seriously so see no need to add special hints and cheats into the games. I do, however, recognise the type of humor factor Al and others are talking about where cheat codes give you extra powers, weapons, that gives you a godlike advantage in a game such as Al's concept of whipping out a flame thrower in a chess game and rosting a few enemy chess pieces. It is funny, but the kind of humor that gets old real fast. It loses its charm after you play a couple of games like that. It is nothing more and nothing less than a cheap thrill.

dark wrote:
Well it doesn't annoy me in the "And for this crime you shal be hung head downwards by the toes in a vat of extremely garlic butter, while latest boy band music is pumped eternally into your ears, and inexpert acupuncture practitioners practice all their vile arts upon your quivering carcus" sort of way, ----- it just peeves me a bit that people don't appreciate the game.

Beware the grue!