LOL...Tom, you just reminded me of something hilarious.
I hope you have seen Star Trek: The wrath of Khan. If you had, do you remember when Khan first encountered Kirk's ship? Khan got some good shots in and crippled the enterprise, and then when Kirk surrendered, Khan offered freedom for his ship and crew if Kirk transmitted him all the information about the genesis project. So what does Kirk do? He has Spock read him some numbers, he inputs them in and transmits. These numbers cause Khan's ship to drop all shields and Kirk opens fire. I can't believe I am going to say this, but Captain James T Kirk uses Cheat Codes!! cheezy grin.
al