well till I got on the net in 1995 the only games I had played with any
reasonability at all were duke nukem1, captain  comic catacombs cat and wolf 3d
as well as lhx.
After 1995 I started playing games from disks my friend had such as
intergalactic battle which was a semi trek game with graphics, mostly text menu
controled.
in 1996 I went online and the first stuff I ever downloaded over mail was
audyssey magazine.
at that time and up to 2001 I had an old dos system that still worked and
interactive fiction was what I liked, cosmoserve being one of my favorite
titles.
After the drive of that system  went bust I spent every waking moment trying to
get something that worked and failing.
eventually I got a synth a keynote gold sa but can't still can't change the
battery can't get the back plate off.
or know what to do.
Ofcause now I am fully audio I have futureboy and lacuna but never got any of
the older type games using traditional frotz or tads or agt to work.