Hi Dark,
Well Adventure Island was a cool series of games that were out in the 80's about this islander or cave man who went from island to island killing enemy creatures and gathering up fruit. Along the way he could ride various dinosaurs which would help him with his quest. Let's say there was a very large pit you couldn't jump across if you had gotten the bonus for the pterodactyl you could ride a pterodactyl over the pit thus avoiding that trap. It was a very cool game for me as a kid. Another game I'd love to see rendered in audio is Battle of Olympus. In that game you play the part of a warrior who is trying to rescue his girl friend from Hades who plays the enemy boss in this adventure. However, before you can fight Hades you must do various favors for the other Olympian gods and goddesses who will reward you with some special item such as Athena's shield, Hermes sandles, Ares bracelets, the sword of Artemis, and so on. When you get done you have a little of each of their power and have to face Hades down in his thrown room. It was especially fun frying him with Zeus's thunderbolts as it was really the only way to make him visible and counteract the power of his invisible helmet. Given my love for history and mythology it is no wonder that game was one of my favorites as a kid.

dark wrote:
Well I don't know adventure island, ---- the nes never really took off in England, so I've only ever played nes titles in collections on other machines, ---- but audio Contra, Castlevania or Turrican would be great.

Turrican is an absolute favourite game series of mine, sinse it has such a simple principle, ---- collect one of the four weapons, blast enemies and bosses, try to find the exit, ---- no saving, no puzles or locked doors, just you, your main gun and a few sub weapons and lots of nasty robots. Yet it has hours of replayability owing to the truly huge level size and the amount of extra lives and extra weapon power ups hidden all over the place, ---- which also serve to reward the player for exploration.

Turrican was in concept a mix of Contra and Metroid, ---- large exploration style mazes (you even have the ability to turn into a wheel and roll along the ground), and Contra, ---- many enemies on screen at once and a number of big weapons to choose, ---- no complex equipping structure, just a number of lives and levels to complete.

Something like that in audio would be fantastic!

Beware the grue!