To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:17 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] The Amiga system,was:RE: Developer time was: My Opinion of Q9

 Hi Ryan,
 The Amiga was a revolutionary computer system by Commodore that came out
in the fall of 85. I was 13 at the time and somehow managed to convince my
family to chip in and buy one for me at a cost of around $3500 as I
remember, very expensive for our family.
 The revolutionary thing was the graphics chipset, which was entirely
independent of the main CPU, which had not been done before in a personal
computer. I taught myself a lot of graphics programs, which later on led to
my becoming a visual effects artist for a living, so it was a damn good
investment as it turns out.
And as a game system, it blew every thing else out of the water due to the
graphics abilities. Electronic Arts was a fledgling company then, and they
got on the Amiga bandwagon big time with titles like One on One with Larry
bird and Dr. J., artic fox the bard's tale and so forth.
 Eventually due to Commodore's crappy marketing and lack of development,
the Amiga fell to the wayside, last I heard of it gateway had bought the
patents on their graphics technology, but not sure if they did anything with
it.
 Ah, memories.
 Later
Che