Hi Darren,
That's quite true. Games like Tank Commander, Shades of Doom, Sarah, and Mysteries of the Ancients are beginning to catch up with there mainstream counter parts, and just getting the message out there that we can play rather sifisticated games should be the over all message. I know when I first lost my vision and I could no longer play Jedi Knight, Tomb Raider, Soldier of Fortune, and other games that were out in the 90's I didn't realy know what was available for me as a blind gamer. For a long while all I knew about was interactive fiction text games I found on the net, wrote afew text games on my own, and I had heard about Jim Kitchen's free games through a friend. I thought that was all there was until i found Audyssey around 2000, and found out there was GMA, ESP, and various other accessible game developers out there. I was very quite surprised and delited when I found out GMA was developing a clone of doom, which was in beta when I discovered them, because I believed I was the first person to think up the idea of eventually creating a FPS game after college. Anyway, getting the word out that such games do exist would make a lot of young blind gamershappy if they could hear about it. So many of them like me wanted to play Doom, Resident Evil, or whatever their friends are playing, and can't because the mainstream titles aren't accessible. The fact such games do exist and are beginning to be developed now should be gotten to them when and where we can.

Darren Harris wrote:
Hi,

No but at least by showing said games off you're showing the capabilities
that are on offer with an audio game. You're proving that it's not just a
series of beeps and that's it. There's a whole lot more to it basically and
that's what we really need to get out or otherwise there isn't really going
to be that much interest generated.