Hi Thomas,
That is the comment we got at the blind conventions.
Computers are for Jobs and not for Play!
They told us that they preferred to read a book or listen to the radio if they wanted entertainment. It is like someone asked them to try eating some frozen cow's milk mixed with vegetable seeds and they didn't like the concept so did not try the chocolate ice cream. Or maybe they were afraid they would like the games so much they would be addicted to them and not want to do work.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Promotion was:Screen Readers and Games

Hi Darren,

That's all too true. I have talked to some agencies locally about
perhaps promoting my games and they basically said no for that exact
reason. A lot of these local dealers who sell computers with Jaws,
Openbook, etc to BSVI have no interest in promoting my games,  because
they only deal with accessible software for work and professional use of
the computer. Therefore games and other products for entertainment
should be gotten elsewhere. I guess I can understand that, but I've met
a few totally blind computer users that feel the same way.

I'm not sure why, but I remember this one person, perhaps 40 or so,
telling me that the computer was to be used for work not play. He felt
the computer should be used as a tool not a toy, or something to that
effect. I couldn't get his logic why he felt the computer couldn't be
both a work tool and as an entertainment system as well. Whatever the
case we do have that sort of attitude to deal with  because it certainly
isn't helpful in promoting games for the blind.