From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Philip Bennefall
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:15 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] High level game creation tools

Hi all,

I am, as most of you probably already know, working on a scriptable game
engine that will allow you to make advanced games without having to learn a
real programming language. All that you have to learn is a basic like
scripting language, and behind this simple interface sits a powerful engine
that takes care of all the groundwork.

However, despite all my efforts to make it as simple as possible it is still
a scripting language which might still be daunting for some to grasp and
understand. Having followed the recent discussions on list I see that there
is a lot of interest in something like a sidescroller creation tool, which
leads me to the following question. Would you people like to see high level
tools such as a sidescroller builder that basically generates Bgt code based
on a template? You would have a pretty interface like any other high level
tool, and you would be able to adjust tons of parameters after which time
you can get your Bgt code written out in a file ready for use in the engine.
This way, people who are starting out can use these template builder things
to make something that is fairly close to what they want to create, and then
as they get more and more familiar with the workings of the language they
can go in and actually modify the game that the template program generated
for them.

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall