Hi all,
With the recent release of q9 and the upcoming release of MOTA, I started
thinking about the ending bosses in games. In a lot of games for the sighted,
such as many of the Legend of Zelda games, and the new super Mario brothers for
WII, the ending boss either has multiple stages or there are multiple bosses
which you must face one after the other. For example, ine one of the Zelda
games, after killing the final boss for the first time, you must run out of a
collapsing castle, where you encounter a transformed, more powerful boss. In
the recent New Super Mario Brothers WII, after defeating Bowser for the first
time, he comes back considerably larger, and you must run from him, tempting
him to shoot fire at you in order to destroy barriers that are blocking your
path. Eventually, you reach a switch which drops Bowser into lava.
I have not seen any battles like this in any accessible game, and I think a
game like MOTA is a prime candidate for something like this. Angela could face
multiple creatures in a row, or have to run through a collapsing level in order
to reach an exit or another boss.
What are your thoughts?
Karl