Hi Munawar,
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, i know a conversion from C# .NET to C++ isn't quite as easy as I made it sound in my e-mail, but I've got a fairly good idea of what needs to be done to speed up that conversion process. Once I take care of the C++ specific stuff like the sound manager, input, timers, threads, etc converting the rest of the stuff should be fairly easy to convert. Most of my function calls in the .NET engine are abstract interfaces for speech, sound, input, whatever so the key here is to write those abstract interfaces in C++ and the rest of the code should be a sinch to convert with only miner changes here and there as needed. As it happens I did port the Genesis Engine to Java last year, and it took me about four months to create a working version in Java with a very early prototype of Mysteries of the Ancients. I'm going to assume I can make this conversion in more or less the same time window give or take a month for debugging and possably some extra research for this or that. It is always possible I might fall flat on my face here, but I think letting go of .NET is the best long term solution available to me. Like you said Microsoft seams to have distanced themselves from .NET of late. Releasing Managed DirectX and dumping it for the XNA Framework was not only bad form, but some developers like me are concerned how much long term support Microsoft is going to lend for their .NET APIs. Every time I turn around they are releasing a new and improved .NET Framework with updated classes, methods, and so on which sounds good, but in actuality just ends up being bloatware. I remember once upon a time the first .NET framework was something around 99 MB, and now 4.0 is three times the size. I don't even use half of it, and that's a lot to download if you are someone over seas who has dialup or certain bandwidth restrictions. Not to mention a bit confusing for some end users. For example, I recently took care of a technical support problem where the person has Windows Vista, he knew Vista came with the .NET Framework, but he was running 3.0. However, MOTA was written using the 3.5 version of the framework which meant he needed to update .NET. It was an easy problem to fix, but still are we as developers suppose to expect our customers to know the difference between .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0 and figure out which version they have? As a developer I love .NET because of it's ease of use. It has very high level wrappers for the win32, API, and so on. Plus handling things like arrays, strings, etc are so much nicer in .NET. However, .NET certainly has its down side which isn't quite so nice. Which is why I'd just assume part ways with it for my games.

*Smile*