Hi Dark,
Yeah, they are a scam alright. I haven't found many people who actually have beaten one of those things. My uncle is the only person I've met who has any luck at all with those machines, and he says it is because there is a trick to getting things out of one of them. They usually put the heavy stuff on top so it is particularly hard to get to the lighter smaller toys on the bottom that the arm could actually get out without much difficulty. The entire purpose of those machines seams to be to take your money without much of a real chance of getting anything out of them. Still they have been out for years so people must still play them and enjoy them.

dark wrote:
I have seen these machines, ---- we have them in England too, and in America I believe (sinse one featured in the film toystory), ---- though the background music may be various things not just the lambada you mention.

The problem is that they are actually a horrendous scam, sinse the jaws on the crane arm only tighten properly one time in about 50 (there is actually a mechanical switch inside the machine that assures this).

As to making it an audio game, ---- well I'm personally not sure about that, sinse it'd be a rather symple one even for a basic arcade game, and would need a good few extra features to be interesting to play, and by the time you'd added those features, ---- your probably talking about a completely different game entirely.

Beware the grue!