Hi Hayden,
Genesis is a game engine I am rewriting in C++. Basically, that means it is a piece of software that contains all of the core components of a game such as input, audio, game physics, game menus, etc. All of the core functionality is contained in the engine, but to create new games you can use a level editor to create new special items, characgters, levels, etc while the game mechanics are handled by the engine itself. I guess the closest thing you might understand to what I'm doing is the Audio Game Toolkit which used a level editor and xml settings to create new games, but the core functionality of the game was in its engine. does that make sense?

Cheers!

Hayden Presley wrote:
Hi Thomas,
This might be the wrong thread, but I have a question about the Genesis
Engine. What, exactly, is its purpose? I did at first think it was a new
computer language, but when you mentioned porting it from C #.net to C ++...
What does it do that the basic languages don't? Don't mean to pry, but I am
curious.
Best Regards,
Hayden