Hi Dark,
Certainly true. As it happens MOTA won't be my last side-scroller because the numbers seam in favor of more games of this type. Especially, ones like MOTA with various weapons, upgrades, multiple rooms, complete x/y axis, etc. All of this is easy enough to pick up and play, and several VI gamers like that sort of thing. It is also, too say the least, easier to create. Although, once the Genesis Engine is done creating new FPS games or side-scrollers should be easy enough anyway.

dark wrote:
True Tom.

Shades etc are 3D in the way that original Doom and wolfenstein 3D were, ---- ie, 2D areas from a first person perspective.

By the same tocan though, we thus far have only one true side scroller, ----- and that is Mota.

If we substitute the terms first person and side scroller not giving any mention to 2D or 3d dimentions though (which are rather slippery), it is true we have more fp games than side scrollers thus far, --- as I said.

Beware the grue!