To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The future of Blastbay Studios

Hi Dark,
I beg to differ with you about Shades of Doom, Sarah, etc being 3d. Technically they are not 3d. Although they are FPS games they have 3d audio systems, but the movement still is restricted to an x/y axis. None of the games have an x, y, and z axis of movement making them only 2d in nature. If you want to count how many true 3d games we have the answer is 0. We don't have any, because true 3d movement and game worlds have never been done yet by any developer for the VI gaming community. That is one reason I am so excited to actually do it once the Genesis engine is created. No one besides me has been willing to step forward and take this next step in audio game development.

dark wrote:
I'm afraid this confuses me a litle.

Thus far, the only serious side scroller we've got with full 2D vertical movement is Mota.

Q9 Tarzan jr and superliam are fun games, ---- but they aren't precisely on a level with side scrollers even of the late 1980's such as mega man or mario brothers.

3D games we have shades of doom, audio quake, terraformers, sarah, gma Tank commander and monkey business, ---- pluss, depending upon your deffinition treasurehunt and night of parasite (though i'd personally class those as top down rather than 3D owing to the movement system and lack of character perspective)..

while i certainly agree adding another to the list would not be a bad thing, ----- basic arithmetic shows that we certainly don't! have more side scrollers than 3D games.

beware the Grue!