From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:59 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The future of Blastbay Studios

Hi Mike,
Why would you say that? The entire RPG game genre hasn't even been
properly explored by the audio games community, and we haven't had
anything near as good as Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, or DC Universe,
to compare our games too. So it hasn't been played out, nor has it
properly began yet.
If you are talking about RPG games as in the game book style adventures
like Sryth certainly there are a few of those around, but that's only
one example of an RPG game let alone that entire genre. Growing up I use
to play roll playing paper and pen games like DC Universe, Star Wars,
and Marvel Universe, and those games rocked. If they could be converted
to a text based or, better yet, an audio RPG format that would totally
rock. We don't have a wide range of quality RPG games like that so no we
haven't even began to tap the potential of RPG games. We haven't even
gotten a good wide range of sci-fi, fantacy, and super hero oriented RPG
games.