Brian I ran across a pac-man record. It sounds like the same one; the
voice acting is tacky kid poor with cute track names like "take the
fruit and scoot." It's hard to find a physical copy now but youtube
has a couple of tracks.  I had the Microsoft Arcade version of Missile
Command about 10 years ago (I go it on a floppy from a friend along
with the PC version of Mortal Kombat 1).  You used A S and D to choose
which "missile bass" you shot from and the mouse to aim.  Thanks for
clearing up how it actually worked as I really didn't have any idea.