Hello,

Missile Command fired missiles at the target. The missile exploded, and if the attacking missiles were in the blast radius, they would be destroyed. The trick was leading the missiles and trying to get mor than one in a blast since you only had a certain number of missiles per round. The arcade concil game had three missile silos, on the left, middle, and right, which protected your ten cities. It took longer for the missile fired from the left silo to cross to the right side of the screen, so you needed to set your targeting x appropriately when doing cross-screen shots. Finally, at least on the arcade version, the attacking missiles came faster in later rounds.

David Chittenden, MSc, CRC, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Yes, I remember but did not watch the Pacman cartoon.

It would be cool if someone still had the instructions from the Atari Missile Command game to see if it says that your high tech missile defense station was firing a laser or anti missile missiles. I mean the name of the game is Missile Command right?

BFN

    Jim

Where do I sign up for the meals on heels?

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA