Hi Hayden,
Yes, my wife and I both have had technical problems with our Compaq notebooks. The right shift key stopped working on mine, and both of ours have had problems with the dvd drive that came with the system. I had to replace mine, and my wifes stopped working and just before we sent it back to get repaired the drive started working again for no reason at all. Then, to top it off my wife ran some driver update that the system said she needed, it screwed up her computer, and I had to use a restore point to fix the problem. I've had more problems with those computers in the passed year than I've had with any other laptop I've ever owned. So I'd say Compaq has been moved down pretty low on my list of recommended brands to buy.

Cheers!

Hayden Presley wrote:
Hi Thomas,
Hmmm...you have had issues with Compak? I've had mine for several years now,
and all I've ever had is software issues. Interesting.