Hi Dark,
Sure. However, with a game like Entombed you really do need Sapi
support for the simple fact of speaking character names and things
like that there is no way you can prerecord those unless you basically
come up with a name list to select from. That might be ok, but lacks a
greater degree of choice.
As far as free voices goes there aren't that many that sound as good
as Scansoft Daniel or Scansoft Tom. Most are robotic and inhuman
sounding like Microsoft Sam and ESpeak. Although, Microsoft Anna
sounds decent, and those users upgrading to  Windos 7 will have at
least one decent voice to play with. So were I to go with Sapi support
I'd have to document where to buy better quality voices, or tell them
to upgrade to Windows 7. Not a great solution, but if people are truly
interested in the products they might pay for the better voices.