its also worth noting that every time I have done any security updates of
directx componants I have to reinstall directx same with dotnet.
the only exception is  when I updated dotnet 2 and 3 to be dotnet4 compatible.
suggesting that these are standalones.
Probably I will have to reinstall directx again if I need to get a reinit with
dotnet4 programs per say but I don't want to unless its needed.