Hi Hayden,
No. DirectShow natively supports a number of video and audio file
types including: avi, mp3, mpg, wav, wma, and wmv. However, while it
can support  audio formats like mp3 and wma it is primarily used for
video playback and rendering.  For example, mainstream game developers
might use DirectShow to play a special cutscene before the game action
starts by loading and playing an mpg file containing a movie clip.
On Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems DirectShow has
officially been replaced by the Windows Media Framework, WMF, for
performing audio/video playback.So DirectShow like various other
former DirectX components are pretty much ancient history as far as
Vista and Windows 7 are concerned. DirectShow is still supported via
legacy support, but like a lot of other Windows components is on the
way out, and are being replaced by newer and better components and
technologies.

HTH