Hi Josh,
Legally they could, but that's not very likely. The thing to keep in
mind with some of  these laws, even copyright laws, is that they are
not set in stone. The law is more like a tight rope that you can bend
this way and that depending on the case at hand. There have been
companies who tried suing for damages over copyright infringement and
lost, because the material was found to be under the fair use portion
of the copyright law, or was unenforcable for one reason or another.
That's not to say you are totally safe from copyright suits, but that
isn't as likely as if you were a big fish doing the same thing.