Hi Louis,
This is is of course purely optional, but yeah that is how I would do
it. C++ is a great language, especially for games, but it is also the
most complex.  Most of the time you'd probably want to use a rapid
development language such as C# .NET or VB .NET for day to day
applications such as text editors, mp3 players, checkbook software,
whatever. The main reason behind this reasoning is with a lot of
applications performance isn't a big issue, and the .NET  Framework is
a very good development API which can be used to put together some
pretty big applications in a fraction of the time it would take to do
it in C++. You have so many ready made classes for just about anything
you can think of.
Most companies today are looking for .NET developers for this exact
reason. You can put together an interface for a large database, create
some specialized accounting software, create a report writer, in a
fairly short amount  of time compared to C++. So in the development
industry for Windows we are seeing a large move to .NET for general
application development in the business world.

Cheers!